22 May 2007

Unhappy Birthday!

It's hard to believe, but as of today Morrissey's perpetual misery, acerbic wit, to-die-for croon, and questionable fashion choices (think a crotch laden with gladiolas) have graced the planet for a whopping 48 years. It weirds me out that the man who "never had no one ever" is the same age as my mom, although I'm thankful age is the only thing they have in common. In honor of 17,532 days of moping, whining and wallowing up to his elbows in self-pity, I'm obliged to present a couple of classic and apt songs by the man himself.

Unhappy Birthday - The Smiths
Sing Your Life - Morrissey

I'm off to a champagne toast in honor of my impending college graduation, but as everyone else raises their glasses to the future, I think I'll drink to the man responsible for helping me make it through four very interesting years.

So drink, drink, drink and be ill tonight!

Indeed.

1 comment:

Gleemonex said...

Oh my, how did I miss this?

We're glad to have you, Mozz, even if you're not glad to be here ...