30 May 2007

Party like it's 1994

All this Jeff Buckley nostalgia got me thinking about all the other killer albums released in 1994. In addition to being the year that spawned Grace, a couple of West Coast slackers known as Pavement released Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain and the prolific lo-fi reign of Guided By Voices continued with the release of their masterpiece, Bee Thousand, just to name a few albums that quickly come to mind.

Here is the playlist I would have listened to had I been hippest nine year old ever, and um not exposed to Ace of Base instead. Not that there's anything wrong with The Sign.

Range Life - Pavement

I Am a Scientist - Guided By Voices

Geronimo - The Divine Comedy


The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get - Morrissey


The Sign (Ace of Base cover) - The Mountain Goats


Oh and one more thing: expect the results of the mix madness contest to be posted shortly, along with complete downloads of all 31 songs.

No comments: