01 May 2007

Sincerely, L. Cohen

Audiofile is running a contest for Leonard Cohen devotees. Email them and explain in 60 words or fewer what your favorite Cohen song is and why.
The winner will receive an autographed copy of Cohen's 2006 poetry collection, Book of Longing. One runner-up will win new remastered editions of Cohen's classic first three albums and another by Anjani (is it me, or is the runner-up prize better?).
Deadline is Tuesday, May 8.

See, I want to do this but it seems my two favorites, "Hallelujah" and "Famous Blue Raincoat" are both quote-unquote obvious choices. To relish my love upon them seems not only trite, but also potentially swimming in ample competition with those who can describe the gripping visuals and lamentful emotions expressed better than myself. But there's no harm in trying. After all, it's only 60 words, right? (This paragraph alone, save this addendum, clocks in at 78 words.)

Details here!

No comments: