06 June 2007

What do you do when the music stops?

The Pipettes

Yesterday I had the polka-dotted pleasure of seeing the Pipettes perform not once, but twice in a 24-hour period. Naturally, it was a day full of dancing and hand-clapping and, of course, shape-pulling. First I caught an acoustic in-store set by Rose, Gwenno and RiotBecki at New York record shop/indie institution, Other Music. I must say "Pull Shapes" works shockingly well in a stripped-down, acoustic context. Afterwards the trio signed autographs and posed for pictures.
The Pipettes
The Pipettes

I am officially the fourth Pipette. Also, June thinks I look evil in this picture, heh, I'm too lazy too Photoshop it, but you guys should know my eyes really aren't red.
The Pipettes

Then it was over to the West Side for a concert, complete with full-fledged backing band, The Cassettes at the newly opened Highline Ballroom. It's a pretty swanky venue. The lighting is awesome and the sinks in the restrooms will blow your mind. However, they also sell some of the most over-priced drinks anywhere in Manhattan. Four dollars for a bottle of water alone. Sheesh.
The Pipettes
The Pipettes

For more even photos, check out my flickr page.
The Pipettes are currently touring North America in support of their latest single, Your Kisses Are Wasted on Me.

The Pipettes - Guess Who Ran Away With the Milkman?.mp3

Also check out this video of an acoustic performance of "Your Kisses are Wasted on Me" at New York's CMJ offices, also filmed yesterday:

No comments: