13 June 2007

Brrraaaiinnnnssssssss...



Is it really any wonder when people's eyes roll into the back of their heads during a late-night meeting, a visit with relatives past leaving time or a night wedding that's gone on just one vow too long. But when the whites of my compadres eyes didn't return back to normal I became worried. That, and the flesh nibbling. The flesh nibbling really gave something away.

It wasn't until their unifying chants did I really freak out: "This Will Be OUR Year!"(1) cried one group. "Let us amass in the park! It is time for the Zombie Jamboree!(2) Uh, I mean... BRAINS... BRAINSSSSSSSS..."

By midnight they had gathered. Everyone I knew was there: fellow alumni, my boss, even my next door neighbors, all once recently deceased. I let out a shriek(3) to which, the zombies enjoyed so much, they started repeating(4) it themselves (along with a disturbing, cheerleader-like chant in the background.)

They were everywhere! And then, suddenly as soon as they had appeared they began to vanish. They returned to their graves, to the sea(5), back to the very blogs(6) where they were first bitten and disappeared. Just another day apparently (Especially the marathon-length meetings).


1. The Zombies - This Will Be Our Year.mp3
2. Rockapella - Zombie Jamboree.mp3
3. Sufjan Stevens - They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back From the Dead!! Ahhhh!.mp3
4. mc DJ - Zombies (Illin'-Noise Remix).mp3
5. Of Montreal - Hello From Inside A Shell (Zombies Enter The Harbor).mp3
6. my elves are different

No comments: