24 October 2009

I heard a girl, and I liked it



These are my (musical) confessions:

5. I've never been a Michael Jackson fan, sorry. Billy Joel on the other hand...

4. The songs I know I know by heart, but I still haven't even heard all the songs from Avenue Q.

3. The first CD I ever bought was tinkly new age music... with orca calls over it.

2. I know all the words to: "Shoop" (Salt-n-Pepa); "The Humpty Dance" (Digital Underground); "White & Nerdy" (Weird Al); "American Pie" (Don McLean); Stroke 9's "Little Black Backpack;" and 90% or better of the Mountain Goats', Sufjan Stevens', Smashing Pumpkins', Sarah McLachlan's and Jeff Buckley's catalogues.

1. Despite the sadness of the past week, I spent my non-eating/crying moments with Lady Gaga's "The Fame." AND I LIKED IT. My goodness! She dedicates it in part to her grandmothers, but by song two we have lyrics about wanting to ride someone's "disco stick." Cheeky! Cheesy! And I love it!

I apologize, dear reader, with the influx of pop music influencing me. I just thought that nothing good had come out lately, so I hadn't been listening. I have missed some things! I don't want you to make the same mistake:

Lady Gaga - Paparazzi.mp3
Lady Gaga - No Way.mp3

No comments: