22 October 2007

Justice @ Terminal 5, NYC 10/20/07 CMJ

If you had told me a week ago that I would forsake an opportunity to see Spoon and that I would go see a French electronica duo instead, well I would have thought you out of your mind. But such is the schizophrenic nature of the CMJ music marathon -you never know what you are going to see -or going to want to see- next. By Saturday evening, the fifth and final day of the marathon I had pretty much had my fair share of guys with guitars and thanks in part to the pleading of a friend who didn't want to go see Justice alone, I decided to venture into uncharted territory -that of (gasp) dance music of the decidely non-Mountain Goat variety.

I opted to stay on the second floor balcony, overlooking the crowd, which looked liked a sea of glowsticks from above. Prior to the concert, I was only familiar with their ubiquitous summer anthem D.A.N.C.E. Oh and dance we did, as two leather-clad, chain smoking French men twidled knobs and laptops to create some damn intense, pulsating music. The walls of speakers blared. A massive electric cross glowed and man, did we dance. Justice was served

D.A.N.C.E. - Justice
Phantom Pt. II - Justice

No comments: