11 December 2009

Personal musical moments of 2009 (Jess editon)

Yes, all of these happened this year and if you told me so last year, I would have done a spit-take:

-I called Nikki Sixx on the phone (as part of a temp job?!?!).

-My cat was featured on Pitchfork. My cat is a hipster.

-I bought a Lady Gaga album.

-I was published! In a book! Cassette from My Ex is in stores now. I hear it makes a lovely holiday gift. /shameless self-promotion.

-While waiting in line outside the Housing Works Bookstore, John Darnielle put his hand on my shoulder and said "HEY I KNOW YOU", even though he doesn't. I guess that's what happens when you go to a double-digit amount of Mountain Goats shows.

-I was in the same room as JEFF MANGUM!!!!!


And there you have it. Anything interesting happen to you?

Stay tuned for my top album of the year list, I know you're waiting with baited breath.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was in the same room as JACK WHITE and got an email from Brad Oberhofer. It was a good year!

Sarah said...

I talked Andrew Bird into hugging me! That basically is awesome enough to keep me motivated for just about anything.

And while not music related, I met comic book/graphic novel/whatever artist/writer/awesome dude Ben Templesmith and he thought he knew me. I told him that he didn't, but I was going to pretend we were totally BFF.

Laura said...

Ha! I picked up that book and immedatly went "Hey! That's a Volume Knob girl!"

I ran though a turn of the century mansion with Bradford Cox and shared a hug. I'm now a Deerhunter groupie for life.

Unknown said...

I bantered with Dan Deacon for a short period of time! He said that I should start smoking pot.

Jess said...

love everyone's antecdotes! can't wait to see what 2010 brings.

June said...

Best comments ever, you guys, keep 'em coming! <3