30 December 2009

Top albums & songs of 2009 (June edition)

Here's a rundown on my year in music:

Best/favorite albums:


Mountain Goats - The Life of the World to Come

Philippians 3:20-21.mp3


A.C. Newman - Get Guilty

Falling Over.mp3


Andrew Bird - Noble Beast/Useless Creatures (Deluxe Edition)

You Woke Me Up!.mp3


Flaming Lips - Embryonic

The Sparrow Looks Up At The Machine.mp3


Various Artists - Weezer: The 8-bit Album

OxygenStar - In the Garage.mp3


Islands - Vapours

Disarming the Car Bomb.mp3


Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster

Teeth.mp3


Morrissey - Years of Refusal

Morrissey - I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris.mp3


Sufjan Stevens - The BQE

.mp3


The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - Higher Than The Stars EP

.mp3

Perhaps no surprises here, but it's been such a busy year for me that I've barely had time for my ears to catch much more than this.

Contestants for the Annual "Sincey" Award:
Jeremih - Birthday Sex.m4a
Lily Allen - 22.mp3
Soulja Boy - Gucci Bandanna.mp3
Shakira - Loba.mp3
Spanish versions are ALWAYS better than the English versions.

"Party in the U.S.A." will instead be represented in the category of "best mash-ups of 2009":
Hathbanger - Party and Bullshit (In the USA) (Notorious B.I.G. vs. Miley Cyrus).mp3
Tor - I Like The Tallest Man (Grad Puba vs. Sufjan Stevens).mp3

Excited for upcoming:
Peter Peter Hughes' "Fangio, Juan Fangio" album
Sufjan's new album to be out "early next year." (Nope, not a state album!)
Whatever Jens Lekman can do with two turntables and a microphone

No comments: