31 August 2009

Jay-Z & Michael McDonald heart Grizzly Bear. Group Hug!

I stood on a picnic table yesterday, squinted my eyes through the sun and peered around the park, just scoping out the crowd at the Grizzly Bear show at the Williamsburg Waterfront. I had been loitering around for 4 hours (because I'm hardcore like that) making sure I had a prime spot to see and hear some of my fave songs of the year. I don't fool around when it comes to free shows. I don't fool around when it comes to free anything. Among the 6,000 people I saw a guy that looked an awful lot like Jay-Z, but I shrugged it off. Jigga at a Grizzly Bear show would be as incongruous as Grizzly Bear at a Jay-Z show. But I was wrong. WRONG. Moral of the story: don't make stupid assumptions. Ever. Lesson learned: if it looks like Jay-Z, it probably is. Especially if there's a girl that looks like Beyonce standing right beside him.

Video proof of Jay-Z rocking out to "Ready, Able". And by "rocking out", I mean "swaying", because that's about as rocking as GB get.


By the way Michael McDonald sings on the new Grizzly b-side! Jigga What?!
Stream it here and your mind will be BLOWN!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

DJ Red-Cent: Jay Z vs. Grizzly Bear! http://bit.ly/Vwqxa