04 March 2009

New Feud Alert!

Don't you just love a good indie rock beef? Well, then have I got a good one for you. Psychedelic troubadour, lead Flaming Lip and songwriter of Oklahoma's state anthem Wayne Coyne hates Arcade Fire. No--more then hates, more like viscerally loathes and passionately despises Arcade Fire. According to an interview in Rolling Stone, Coyne says:


I'm a fan of them on one level, but on another level I get really tired of their pompousness. We've played some shows with them and they really treat people like shit. Whenever I've been around them, I've found that they not only treated their crew like shit, they treated the audience like shit. They treated everybody in their vicinity like shit. I thought, "Who do they think they are?" I don't know why people put up with it. I wouldn't put up with it. I don't care if it's Arcade Fire or Brian Eno. If either of them walked into a room and treated people like shit I'd be like, "Fuck you, get outta here."
(Read the rest of the article here)

Ohhh BURN. I can't wait to see how/if Win and company respond to allegations of their pompousness.

Oh wait they (sorta) did: AF collaborator and Final Fantasy dude Owen Pallett just tweeted, "Win might not be all hugs and rainbows and kittens, but neither is he drug culture, confetti, pot paraphernalia and bullshit." Ohhh Double BURN. BUT he just removed the tweet.

This has the making of a great feud right up there with the Bloods and the Crips, the Hatfields and the McCoys, or East/West coast gangsta rap. Without the senseless violence of course. Or maybe we could replace the violence with a giant hamster ball relay race. Because Wayne would kick Win's ass.

The Flaming Lips - Fight Test.mp3
Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies).m4a

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Win posted a response:

http://www.arcadefire.com/yope.html

Jess said...

i just saw! and the plot thickens...