01 March 2009

Grizzly Bear @ BAM Opera House, 2/28/2009



Grizzly Bear + the Brooklyn Philharmonic = pure magic. The orchestra added an extra layer of symphonic grandeur to what is already a pretty grand band. But my God, the way Ed Droste's voice resounded in BAM opera house, a booming yet haunting coo that lingered in my mind well after the night was over. And that's to say nothing of the new songs, which are making me even more thrilled for Veckatimest, as if that was even possible.

Here's the best news of all, thanks to Deaf Indie Elephants: you can listen in on the magic that you missed. Although fair warning, the sound quality's does not do justice to BAM's acoustical wonder.
Download the show here.

Here's the setlist for those of you keeping score at home:
Easier
Central And Remote
Hold Still (amazing new song!!)
Two Weeks
Plans
Colorado
Reprise
Little Brother (Electric)
Campfire
Dorys
While You Wait For The Others
Foreground

Encore:
Deep Blue Sea
He Hit Me (It Felt Like A Kiss)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at the show, but I was there for Final Fantasy. I would LOVE to find a recording of his set.