Currently liveTwittering the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade for VK:
If you haven't followed us yet, check it out now!
The Magnetic Fields - Parades Go By.m4a
EDIT: Now that the parade is over and there's no danger of ruining "spoilers" for anyone, here's our Tweets, in reverse chronological order (newest to oldest):
- Kermit has had, sadly, one of the best voices we've heard today.
- @mirandate no bari sax for Jess... this is from June's experience.
- Marching with a bari sax? From experience I can tell you: not easy.
- @Sarakenobi I'm sure it'll be up on YouTube before the end of the day.
- Gotta admit: Charice has an incredible set of pipes.
- Skinny Al Roker is creepy.
- a marching band played gary numan's "cars" my life is complete!
- Disco-soul-funk remix of "The Age of Aquarius"... thumbs down.
- Clique Girlz = Hanson???
- I think I have this song on my Sesame Disco! tape from 1979: http://tinyurl.com/67n2qr!
- There is nothing man has ever dreamed of more than scaling the mighty rhinocerous! (but srsly, WTF?)
- Conch shell is the new cowbell.
- hey june you crack your alter-twitter-ego up -can u also post them on vk too??
- "Fantasia on Georgia Tech Themes" could possibly be the least inspiring music title ever
- James Taylor has seen better days.
- I love the Rockettes so much. They should team up with Bono to make world peace happen sooner. Or something.
- I was hoping for the Simpsons version of this song. Still, some childhood illusions are being ruined right now.
- Harry Connick, Jr.: stick to music, not jokes plz.
- @doctoracula Did you notice that their poodle skirts actually had reindeer on them? Awesome. (I swear I'm not 60 years old)
- One of the greatest musicals of all time to be sure, but South Pacific isn't the same without Robert Guilet.
- Finally, a holiday musical for those of us who miss Lawerence Welk!
- When it comes to recent musicals about NY neighborhoods, In The Heights < Avenue Q
- liveblogging the Macy's Thanksgiving parade: did Girl Talk do this opener for the cheerleaders?
And in case you've ever doubted the power of the internet, yes, the Macy's parade got RickRolled! Observe: