12 May 2009

Outta Luck(smiths)

Nooooo The Lucksmiths broke up! This deeply sadens me you guys. I'm well aware the split was amicable, but who cares. This was a band I truly loved that never got the appreciation they deserved over their 16 year long career. They were waaaaay more then an Australian version of Belle & Sebastian.

Their melodies were peppy, their lyrics were melancholy, their accents were hot. Not to mention, the lead singer Tali White was also the drummer. Considering I can barely walk and chew gum at the same time, I can't fathom how any one individual could be as coordinated as to keep time AND melody.

According to the band's label Matinee Recordings, Tali is pursuing a career as a primary teacher(!). Man, those kids are in for a treat, especially come sing along time.

Here are a few of my favorites songs by the band. Enjoy these gems.

A Hiccup in Your Happiness
Guess How Much I Love You?
Adolescent Song of Mindless Devotion
T-Shirt Weather
The Art of Cooking For Two

No comments: