12 July 2009

The Pains of Being Pure at Heart @ South Street Seaport 7/10/09

I would have enjoyed the Pains of Being Pure at Heart's show at the Seaport better if I was wearing pants. It was an unseasonably cool July day, not to mention the seaside wind, oh my the wind, but I was like "I wanna wear a skirt dammit!" so my childish impetuousness to attempt to look cute won out. ANYWAYS you don't care one bit about how cold I was. You care about the music, which of course was super. While The Pains only played for about 50 minutes (they only have one album of material after all), they sounded great. There was lots of pep and jangle as the upbeat melodies soared. But what was really endearing was their adorable "aw shucks, can you believe all these people here to see US" attitude. So yeah despite the cold, it was totally worth it. Oh and did we mention it was FREE.

Our photos suck, but hey you can sorta see the stage surrounded by boats. Just insert a sweet indie band in there and volia! You have an Insta-concert!


The Music Slut has ACTUAL photos plus the setlist. So yeah we defer to them for an actual review. We just wanted to mention it was cold.

Orchard of My Eye - The Pains of Being Pure at Heart

No comments: